These easy and delicious s’mores turnovers are stuffed with Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Spread, marshmallow fluff, and graham crackers. Ready in under 30 minutes, and would be a fun project with kids!
Disclaimer: Thank-you Hershey’s Canada for sponsoring this delicious post! As always, all opinions are my own.
So, here we are. August 27th. The dog days of summer. How did we get here so quickly?
Summer, you were awesome. There were daily trips to the park. Lots of barbecuing. Lottts of backyard lounging. Can’t you stay for just a little bit longer? Pleeeease?
Well, I’ve decided to send summer off with one last s’mores recipe, because nothing says summer quite like s’mores, right?
Have you tried this Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate? I barely have the words. It is chocolate, it is peanut butter, it is smooth, creamy, and addictive…I can’t seem to keep myself from eating it straight off the spoon!
But, if you have just a tiny bit of will-power, and you can wait for these s’mores turnovers to come out of the oven, you will be rewarded with deliciousness in the form of flaky puff pastry, gooey chocolate-peanut-butter-marshmallow-heaven, and a hint of graham cracker flavors.
Now, these turnovers are super easy to make, but I found them SUPER challenging to photograph! I hope I have done them justice because they are really truly amazing!
A few tips you’re going to need for this recipe: the marshmallow fluff expands in the oven, so you have to take extra caution while sealing your turnovers. I first pressed the seam together with my fingers and a fork, then made sure to brush the egg wash right along the seam. I still had a bit of marshmallow fluff escape my turnovers, but that’s OK, right? S’mores are all about the gooey-ness 😉
You only need 5 ingredients and 30 minutes to make these s’mores turnovers…and they are pretty fun to make. I can’t wait until Kai is old enough to be my assistant, I’m pretty sure he’d love helping me press the seams with a fork and brush on the egg wash.
And I know he’d absolutely love helping me eat them 😉
Have yourself a wonderful Thursday!
Peanut Butter S'mores Turnovers
Easy peasy puff pastry turnovers filled with Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate, marshmallow fluff and graham crackers.
- 1 package puff pastry, thawed
- Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate (approximately 18 tablespoons)
- Marshmallow Fluff (approximately 9 tablespoons)
- Graham Crackers (approximately 1 1/2 sheets)
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each square of puff pastry to about 10 inches by 10 inches.
- Cut the pastry into 9 equal-sized squares (each about 3-3.5 inches by 3-3.5 inches).
- Transfer the squares to the prepared baking sheets.
- Break the graham crackers into 1 inch squares.
- Spoon about a half tablespoon of marshmallow fluff onto the graham cracker, then about one tablespoon of Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate.
- Place on the puff pastry square, leaving a half inch on each side. Fold the pastry over, pinching the seams, and press with a fork to seal. Repeat with remaining puff pastry squares.
- Brush tops of each turnover with egg white, being extra careful to brush egg wash along the seam of the turnover.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until tops are lightly golden.
- Serve warm.
Avoid using excessive flour when rolling out puff pastry
Seal the turnovers between your fingers, then press gently with a fork
Make sure to brush the seams with the egg wash
Avoid over-stuffing the turnovers