Delicious scones packed with peaches and drizzled with white chocolate.
How adorable are William and Kate? And now George?
And didn’t Kate just look fresh as a daisy when she stepped out with William to introduce George to the world? I hope I look half that good after my little munchkin decides to come meet us, but somehow, I think I will look slightly more like something that was caught in the shower drain. Or maybe that girl who climbs out of the TV in The Ring.
Thank goodness there won’t be any photographers waiting outside to take my picture.
So…I made scones.
They were definitely not inspired by the new little prince, but can we pretend they were? Please?
These are not your normal scones.
They are packed with summery goodness…in the form of peaches.
Yes, apparently you can put peaches in baked scones…and who’d have thought it would work out so well? I’ll admit, I was skeptical at first.
These scones are so good. They tasted better in real life than they tasted in my head.
Peaches and brown sugar? Yesssss.
Peaches and white chocolate? Oh yesssss.
Put this all together in a perfect, moist scone, and add a little ground ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg? Heaven. In a scone.
Peach and Brown Sugar Scones with White Chocolate
Peaches, brown sugar and white chocolate complement each other perfectly in these delicious scones.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter (cold and cut into bits)
- 1 cup whipping cream (with 2 tbsp reserved)
- 1 1/2 cup peaches (peeled, pits removed, and cut into 1/2 inch pieces (2 small peaches))
- 3/4 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Cut in butter using a pastry tool until mixture is crumbly. Add ¾ cup + 2 Tbps cream and mix with a spoon until just combined. Mix in peaches and white chocolate chips gently.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper; spray lightly with spray oil. Form dough into small balls and pat to form circles that are ~2 inches in diameter and ~1 inch thick. Brush the tops with remaining cream. Bake for 10-13 minutes, until tops turn golden. Cool on cookie sheets.
- If desired, melt ½ a cup white chocolate chips with 2 tbsp cream and drizzle over tops of cooled scones.
Recipe adapted from my recipes.com