You don’t need a campfire to make these grilled caramel bacon s’mores…just fire up the barbecue and grill them up! The perfect salty/sweet treat.
It’s that time of year again…S’mores season! Don’t you think S’mores are to summer what pumpkin is to fall? Or the ground-hog is to spring? Wait, what?
Hear me out: when you start to see s’mores recipes popping up, you know it’s almost summer. And even though we’re thisclose to June 21, can we please call it summer already? Because the s’mores recipes are rampant, and I have another one for you! With bacon! That’s right, these are bacon s’mores!
But not just any s’more recipe…a campfire-free s’more recipe. Because sometimes, you don’t want to drive all the way out into the mountains and build a campfire just to get your s’mores fix…with this recipe, any day can be a s’mores day!
Why not make s’mores on the barbecue? I mean, it’s the perfect last-minute backyard barbecue snack!
And because sometimes I like to get a little crazy with my desserts (come on, you know it), I threw on some bacon. And caramel sauce. And it was salty-sweet-gooey-melty-s’mores heaven.
Say hello to my little friends! My grilled caramel bacon s’mores friends…I think you’ll get along just fine 😉
Here’s how to make them:
- Get yourselves some Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bars (sold in 6-packs at Walmart)
- Don’t forget to pick up some Honey Maid Graham Cracker Squares and Kraft’s Jet Puffed Marshamallows (also at Walmart)
- Fire up the grill
- Cook that bacon
- Toast those marshmallows
- Assemble those s’mores and get to eating!
There you have it, my fast and easy grilled s’mores recipe!
What’s your favorite way to eat s’mores?
Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LetsMakeSmores #CollectiveBias #sponsored Thanks for supporting the brands that support Sweet Peas & Saffron!
Grilled Caramel Bacon S'Mores
- 4 slices of bacon
- 8 squares of Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bar (sold in 6-packs at Walmart)
- 8 Honey Maid Graham Cracker Squares broken in half
- 8 Kraft's Jet Puffed Marshmallows
- 8 teaspoons caramel sauce
- Heat barbecue on medium-high heat.
- Line an old cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Arrange bacon on cookie sheet.
- Cook (with barbecue lid down) for 5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- When bacon is nearly cooked through, place marshmallows on skewers and heat over barbecue. Don't place the marshmallows directly on the grill, but either hold them over the grill or place on the cookie sheet (as pictured).
- Cut the bacon into small, bite-sized pieces before assembling the s'mores.
Assemble the s'mores:
- Place a square of chocolate over one half of the graham cracker square. Place bacon over the chocolate, then a marshmallow and drizzle of caramel sauce.
- Top with second half of graham cracker square and serve immediately!