If you are looking for a salad worthy of bringing to a holiday feast, look no farther! This salad is so crisp and crunchy, and despite having both pears and pomegranates, it is not overly sweet. I realize we are still pretty far from Christmas, but given the colors of the salad, I couldn’t help but think this would make a great salad for a Christmas feast. Did I mention I went back for seconds…and thirds?
- 1 apple peeled, cored, and chopped coarsley
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp finely diced shallot
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup safflower oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds of cucumber diced into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 fennel bulb cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 pears cored and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
VinaigretteTo make vinaigrette, puree apple, vinegar and lime juice in a blender until smooth. Strain mixture through a sieve, squeezing solids to get all the liquid from them. Add shallot and sugar, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add oil until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
SaladCombine salad ingredients with ¾ cup of vinaigrette.
Recipe adapted (slightly) from Bon Appetit