4 awesome ways to use mason jars for meal prep- my favorite meal prep container! Cheap, durable, and environmentally friendly.
I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again: mason jars are my favorite meal prep container!
They are durable (I’ve dropped mine on the floor a few times, frozen them, heated them), they are versatile (useful for hot or cold meals), they are cheap, and they are a great alternative to plastic storage containers.
My favorite size? One pint. I use them for storing veggies for veggies & dip, I use them for parfaits, frozen smoothie packs, jar salads, homemade instant noodles, you name it! They might look small, but you can fit a decent-sized meal in a pint-sized jar.
I keep several ‘regular’ and wide mouth one pint jars on hand. I also have larger 2-pint jars, which I’ll use for storing soup, but don’t use nearly as often as the 1-pint.
In addition, the 1/2 pint jars are useful for making and storing sauces, trail mix, or smaller portions.
Let’s check out four fun ways to use mason jars for meal prep!
Recipes in the video:
- Healthy Homemade Instant Noodles
- 5 Make Ahead Breakfast Smoothies
- Southwestern Sweet Potato Jar Salads
- High Protein Berry Yogurt Parfaits
Other ways to use mason jars:
- Store/freeze these 7 Easy Stir Fry Sauces You Can Make Ahead
- Make a batch of overnight oats
- More jar salads: Strawberry Spinach Quinoa Salad In a Jar, Chickpea, Butternut Squash & Barley Lunch Bowls
- Store a homemade salad dressing like this Raspberry Basil Vinaigrette