This one pan summer carbonara has green chiles, fresh corn, and bell peppers, and is on your table in under 30 minutes!
It’s Thursday, it’s nearly July, the sun is shining, and I have a big bowl of (healthy) comfort food in front of me. Basically: I’m one happy lady.
It’s really hard to believe that it’s almost July, I really need to get organized and plan a holiday for our family. Are you a planner? Lately, I am not.
I used to love meticulously planning holidays, down to every last detail. The planning part was almost as fun as the actual travelling part. But these days I can definitely see the appeal of the all-inclusive vacations. A vacation from planning and then the actual vacation!
Sometimes I wish I could have a vacation from planning dinner too, and on those days this one pan summer carbonara recipe is absolutely perfect: one pan, packed with veggies, and ready in under 30 minutes.
Today’s post is in partnership with Barilla, whose awesome new line of Barilla Pronto Pastas are no boil/no drain aka: PERFECT for one pan pastas. Check out the Barilla website to see the full line of pastas!
When thinking of a summery one pan pasta recipe to make with my Barilla Pronto pasta, corn immediately sprang to mind…and what goes better with corn than green chiles? So this is a Mexican sort of pasta carbonara recipe, with a touch of ground cumin and coriander.
It is so creamy and comforting that you would never guess how many veggies are hiding in there. Are you ready? OK here we go:
I mean that’s a lot of veggies: 4 ears of corn, 1 bell pepper, 1 red onion and a can of green chiles. All hiding in there. As with my other one pan pasta recipes, I used chicken stock as it absorbs so much flavor into the pasta.
The pasta also gets a boost of flavor from the bacon that is scattered throughout, and the egg/parmesan sauce is so creamy and dreamy and delicious! Summer carbonara, you know the way to my heart.
And best of all: this is a one-pan recipe that is ready in 30 minutes. Perfect for non-organizers, pasta lovers, and busy people who want a delicious meal and they want it now.
My kind of people.
Have yourself a wonderful Thursday! It’s almost the week-end!
Disclaimer: A big thank-you to Barilla Canada for sponsoring this post. And a big thank-you to you for supporting the brands that I love! As always, all opinions remain my own.
- 6 slices bacon
- 2½ cups (8 oz/226 g) Barilla Pronto Penne
- Kernels from 4 ears of corn (roughly 2 cups)
- 1 can green chiles (127mL / 4.3oz)
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2.5 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs
- Cook the bacon in a large pan over medium heat until cooked through.
- Remove bacon slices to drain on a paper towel-lined plate, and drain any excess fat from the pan.
- Add the Barilla Pronto Penne, corn, green chiles, red onion, garlic, bell pepper, chicken stock, ground cumin, ground coriander and salt to the pan. Heat over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, then simmer, stirring frequently for 10-15 minutes or until the pasta is cooked through.
- When pasta is cooked, beat the eggs together with the parmesan cheese. Pour over the pasta, stirring and tossing until it thickens into a creamy sauce. Add the bacon and toss.
- Serve with fresh cilantro to garnish.
Calories 402 // Fat 15 g // Saturated Fat 6 g // Cholesterol 133 mg // Sodium 1789 mg // Carbohydrate 46 g // Fiber 3 g // Sugars 5 g // Protein 21 g
Leftovers are FAB!
More summery carbonara recipes:
- Healthy Spaghetti Squash Carbonara from The Girl On Bloor
- Roasted Broccoli Lemon Spaghetti Carbonara from Whole & Heavenly Oven
- Garlic & Herb Roasted Cherry Tomato Carbonara with Crispy Prosciutto and Burrata from Half Baked Harvest