A super easy dinner recipe for a honey garlic beef rice bowl that is topped with fresh veggies and crispy wonton chips. Ready in 25 minutes!
Note: this is part of a series where I provide a base slow cooker recipe and three ways to enjoy the leftovers. For the base Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Beef recipe, go here!
There is just something about these 3-in-1 slow cooker recipes that makes my heart happy. Probably because it means I get to use my slow cooker. And because it means that I waste less food, since I use up my leftovers in these three completely different, non-boring recipes. But mostly, because it really, truly takes the pain out of week-night dinners.
Because I’m sure we’ve all felt that 5pm anxiety of ‘what is for dinner!?’ Well, if you have a batch of Honey Garlic Beef in your fridge, and a few pantry staples, you are really only 25 minutes away from these delicious rice bowls.
And less time spent making dinner, or stressing out about what you’re going to make, or flipping through the take-out menus, means more time that you get to spend with your family.
For this recipe, I was somewhat inspired by those rice bowls you can order in a Vietnamese restaurant. They are a curious mixture of rice (or rice noodles), some portion of meat, and fresh, crunchy veggies.
I took this idea and ran with it, making this honey garlic beef rice bowl. Along with the honey-garlic beef is some fresh carrot, cabbage and cucumber. Then for an extra crunch, I baked up some wonton wrappers. My version of an Asian tortilla chip 🙂
And since the rice bowls I’m thinking of always come with some sort of dipping sauce, I whipped up a quick ‘vinaigrette’. This vinaigrette has a bit of soy sauce, some brown sugar, and sesame oil. It brings a nice, subtle flavor to the rice and veg, and goes perfectly with the honey garlic beef!
Best of all: this beef rice bowl comes together in a matter of minutes. You are basically just waiting on your rice to cook up. Could it be any easier?!
I hope you are loving these honey garlic beef recipes, because I’m just getting started! Stay tuned for the next two recipes.
Want a sneak peak? Check them out below:
- ¾ cup uncooked rice (I like basmati rice)
- 12 wonton wrappers
- spray oil
- garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (I use reduced sodium)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup cooked rice
- ½ cup honey garlic beef
- 2 cups cabbage
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced
- sesame seeds
- Cook rice according to package directions. Allow to cool slightly.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut each wonton into 4 triangles, and arrange on the baking sheet.
- Spray with oil and sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, until golden brown.
- Shake together all dressing ingredients.
- Gently reheat the honey garlic beef for 5 or so minutes over low heat in a frying pan.
- Divide the rice, vegetables, beef and crispy wontons between 4 bowls, and top with dressing and sesame seeds.