These chewy cashew cookies are filled with sweet butterscotch chips, salty cashews, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Perfect for holiday baking!
Have you gotten into the holiday baking spirit yet? I know…it’s still mid-November.
But there is just something about the cold weather and the arrival of snow that gets me in the mood for some baking!
It is definitely time for me to get on my apron and get to baking!
This post is sponsored by the wonderful people over at Baker’s Secret, who sent over this Easy Store 5 Piece Bakeware Set. I was pretty excited to see how they fit all neatly together!
I don’t know about you, but storage in my house is kind of
crazy non-existant. Half of my cooking stuff doesn’t fit in our kitchen and lives in our downstairs laundry room, so anything to save a little space is A-OK with me!
Other things to love about Baker’s Secret products? They are durable non-stick, are dishwasher safe, and long lasting. I know this from experience because I’ve owned several Baker’s Secret products for over 10 years now, and they are still just as great as when I bought them!
So. These cashew cookies. These guys are kind of special. They have that salty-sweet thing going (I recommend sprinkling some sea salt on top to bring this out even more!), and they have depth from the cinnamon and brown sugar.
And I’m kind of a snob when it comes to cookies. My cookies have to be chewy, not cakey, and definitely not crispy. So it took several rounds of experimenting to get that perfect chewy texture.
My secret weapons: a) cornstarch b) an extra egg yolk and c) chilling the dough. I know! I am not a fan of having to chill the dough but for these cookies, unless you want pancakes, you need to chill that dough!
Bake for 9-12 minutes, and you will be greeted with one delicious cashew cookie! Let the holiday baking begin!
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by World Kitchen who compensated me monetarily and with product. Thank you for supporting the brands that I love and that make Sweet Peas & Saffron possible!
More delicious cookie recipes!
- check out these Butterscotch Oatmeal Rice Krispie Cookies for a little snap, crackle and pop
- and these Pretzel Toffee Rolo Cookies are the perfect blend of salty and sweet
- and these Salted Nutella and Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies are a 2 for 1 deal!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg + 1 yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour (fluffed, spooned and levelled)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 cup chopped cashews
- ½ cup butterscotch chips
- extra cashews for top
- sea salt for sprinkling (2 teaspoons or so)
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Mix in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla.
- In a separate medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and corn starch.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until completely combined.
- Stir in the butterscotch chips and cashews.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour (overnight is preferred).
- Roll into 1 tablespoon-sized balls, (for an extra flavor boost add a sprinkling of sea salt and press a few extra cashews in) and bake in a 350°F oven for 9-11 minutes (10 was perfect in my oven).
- Cookies will keep in a sealed container for 1 week.