I’ve had a really adult week. I did responsible stuff.
I went to the dentist and the optometrist. I spent money on boring stuff like glasses and socks. I changed a lot of diapers.
Sometimes being an adult is such a drag.
So…I made something fun, totally un-serious, and for the kiddos. Well, my inner-kiddo, since my real kiddo has only just started eating mushy apples.
Don’t you love Creme Egg season? When that cute rabbit gets on TV and says ‘bok bok’?
It makes me think about spring! Snow melting, tulips starting to poke up in the garden, the ability to walk outside without my huge parka. We have had far from the ideal spring here…it has been cold and snowy. But at least I have my Creme Eggs.
I guess I’m on a bit of a blondie kick. Recently, it was Key Lime Blondies with White Chocolate. Now it’s Creme Egg Blondies.
The buttery, brown sugary flavors and the ooey gooey Creme Eggs are just so good together. The Creme Eggs leak out their Creme Egginess into the blondie, making these bars extra chewy, gooey and caramelly.
These blondies come together in…oh…15 minutes. Bake up in 25 minutes.
They are the perfect ooey gooey sugary Easter treat…for the kiddos and the inner kiddos.
- 1 cup +2 TBSP all purpose flour (*145g, or fluffed, spooned & levelled)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup butter (melted)
- 1 cup brown sugar (lightly packed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 9 mini creme eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add to brown sugar in a large bowl, mix until no lumps remain. Allow to cool slightly, then mix in the vanilla and egg.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until just combined. Line an 8X8 metal pan with and spray with spray oil. Spread batter in pan, then arrange creme eggs on top, pressing down gently.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (*see note), until edges turn golden brown and start to pull away from foil. Cool in pan, then cut into 9 pieces.
Adapted from about.com